Central Opening for Worship Sunday, October 11
The task force appointed by the deacons to look at issues related to opening the church met and decided that we are ready to open the church sanctuary for worship, beginning October 11, which is next week. There will be protocols required in order to ensure the safety of us all. We have begun taking reservations for worship on the 11th. If you would like to attend worship with us in person and understand the risks involved with the virus, we invite you to call the church and make a reservation with Gwen. The number and her office is 386-255-2588. We hope to see you soon!
If you can’t make it, Central continues to stream worship services live with replays available anytime afterwards. Click the worship tab here on the website to view live or later. All the services back to March 22 are available for viewing.
Protocols for Re-opening Central Baptist Church
- One door will be open for entering worship (Southeast door by main parking lot). Those with reservations will be given seating priority, until 5 minutes after worship starts.
- Each congregant will sign in and have their temperature taken. Those above 100 will not be allowed to worship that morning.
- Each person will sign a one-time waiver acknowledging that you are worshipping at your own risk.
- Each congregant will wash/sanitize their hands before entering.
- An usher/greeter will take you to your seat. This will likely be a different seat than your normal seat in the past, to ensure distancing.
- Masks must be worn at all times, including when singing/humming with music.
- Social distancing required, except for families in the same household. Families of the same household must sit together and stay together.
- Only the bathrooms in the foyer will be open, and only one at a time will be allowed. Please limit your time in the bathroom to once per morning, if possible, and you will be asked to wipe down any surfaces that you touched.
- The task force reserves the right to adjust/alter/add to these protocols as we go along.