Dear Central Family:
I hope that your week has gone well, and that you are seeing God’s presence in your life! I wanted to take a second and tell you about three things coming up this weekend, and some other opportunities beyond that are worth noting.
1. This is just a reminder that this Saturday at 8 am, we will be having a workday at the church. There are things inside and outside to do; things very active, and not-so-active to be done, so if you have time, we will make sure to get you something to do. Already, the carpet at the front of the sanctuary and on the stage was cleaned, and it looks really nice! I hope to see you there.
2. In worship this Sunday morning, we will be absent all of our guitar players. So we will have a great hymn medley at the front of worship. If you’ve been waiting to belt out some great hymns of the faith, this is your chance! We will be talking about the transforming work of Jesus when we choose to follow him. I hope you will be there.
3. Following worship, I want to remind you that we will be having a communication meeting regarding the motion that was presented to you last Sunday in worship. I will have Gwen attach that motion for you to review in case you weren’t there for worship. We hope to discuss the motion and its content, hear a report from the trustees regarding the accounts they are managing, hear a report from Building and Grounds regarding the situation with the hurricane damage; and answer any other questions we can regarding the work of the church council. I strongly urge you to take time to be there for the discussion, and for the vote to take place on Aug. 12.
4. Through the rest of July, and into August, we will continue the youth fundraiser for Planet Smoothie, to raise money for the kids to go to various events and conferences around our state. It is important that you bring a coupon with you, because that guarantees that when you buy a smoothie, $1 goes toward the youth program.
5. Starting next week, July 31, the youth group will be going to Linked, a local event involving several churches in our area. Nightly worship and games, as well as opportunities for serving the community will be a part of the program. Pray for the youth that are going, and if you know someone that might be interested, make sure that they contact Matt Layton, our youth minister, at 386-281-1747.
6. August 3-5 is our annual Vacation Bible School. We are still looking for kids to sign up to be a part of this great tradition, and exciting time. This year’s VBS is Arctic Blast, and the kids will be having a great time, all the way through Sunday worship and church-wide lunch to follow on the 5th.
So there you have it, lots of fun to be had, lots of work to be done, lots of building the Kingdom to be a part of. I hope you will find your place in our ministry, and that you will be praying for us as we seek to move forward as God’s faith community at Central. Have a great rest of the week!
SonnyChurch Council Proposal 8.5.2018 a